Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Entitlements

We went to Josh's house yesterday. Although she was wary as usual, she stayed on the couch with us while her dad attended to her big sister

not sure of this strange one holding her

later she brought me a book and wanted me to read it to her. Look, she's smiling, not screaming

When can I fill my pond again with fake and real flowers. Not today...stupid winter that won't end. April 17th and there is snow all over

Stamped all over the paperwork I needed to finally get Medicare is the word entitlement. Now on the surface, it seems that the word is apt: that I earned my 'benefit' so thus I am entitled but that's not what it means. The current congress sees it as some bonus that due to their largess I am receiving and btw they can take it back as I didn't truly earn it or deserve it merely by turning 65 never mind that I had paying into the system since I was 18.  After all, they need the funds to blow up empty Syrian buildings and build a useless wall along with their other empty expenditures, Annoys me.

Can't wait until mid terms to at least partially drain the swamp.

In the middle of the other night, we awoke to a very loud sound coming from our water system. Down in the basement, water was spilling all over the place as the pump kept overflowing our tanks. How to turn this mess off? Who knows? Not us ignoramuses. I tried to real the manual while Steve randomly flipped switches. Finally silence. I am trying to get him to put a sign that switch: Turn THIS off in case valve failure . He claims he will remember this time though this happened before and he forgot. Extra bonus: our laundry room flooded too. The well guy showed up promptly the next morning and couldn't figure out what was wrong. He replaced some part. Everything seems to work bt this happened during the water cycling through the softener which happens every 3 nights so we will see if Wednesday night goes smoothly. Fingers crossed. Too many systems in this house. I thought I had messed up the central vacuum system by sucking up a thick sock but it finally came out in the holding tank full of mostly my hair.

Since winter never ends and we've had many freeze/thaw cycles, the roads are crumbling. Naomi wrecked a brand new tire by hitting a pothole and then continuing to drive shredding the tire though they were able to repair the wheel. The 2 inches of rain and ice over the weekend has made the dirt  roads especially sloppy and difficult to run on. At least vehicles are less likely to be on them now. I ran in he snow yesterday but today, it was much windier, colder and the snow was sticking so back down to the dungeon, basement.

But at least Hannah likes me now.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

I am very, very glad to hear that Hannah likes you.
Sigh on the water front. So many modern 'conveniences' fail that description abjectly when they stop working.

Followers

Blog Archive