Thursday, April 5, 2018

color on a colorless day

Salvation Mountain covered in paint in SE CA. A friend's daughter lives about 100 miles from there so it is her photograph

Shanna's kids are on spring break. To the Henry Ford Museum where everything is car themed including the hotdogs

Not so colorful. I enlarged this print of this strange sculpture found in the Mezquita's treasury room in Cordoba I put it close to Steve's side. Perhaps I should enlarge the corresponding female sculpture and put it on my side

I liked this little oil painting for our bedroom

I love my new shoes. Hopefully they will lessen my chances of being roadkill

mounted tile for my tile collection

A beaded pretty a Mom brought back for us from Guatemala

All winter I've been telling myself that if I could just hold out to mid-March, then the sun and warm weather will return and thus happiness. And to make the time go faster, we took a few breaks from our bleak winter by going to warmer places.Well the joke is on me. Spring will never come or at least not for another week. I ran again this morning with the temps in the low 20s while it lightly snowed but at least the 30 mph winds of the day before had died down.

My friend and I have made travel arrangements all week for our big bike ride in just 7 weeks (and no I haven't been bicycling). Suitable places are few and far between so we needed reservations. Only one place has yet to answer the phone.

Aside from that, not much going on. Eagerly awaiting spring.




4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love that beaded pretty.
Autumn is flirting with us here. I get my hopes up, and then we get another scorcher. The days are getting shorter though, and the nights cooler so I keep hoping.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I can't even imagine heat. Another day here well below normal.

Snowbrush said...

I love the photos.

You and your hubby look awfully fit.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Snow, both hubby and I exercise quite regularly. After a decade though of various health disasters, I had become quite fat. I finally did something about it 18 months ago losing almost 80 pounds in a year I still exercised excepting when I was very ill so I was fit and fat.

Followers

Blog Archive