Thursday, April 26, 2018

Back to the bike

birthday flowers

the world's largest glass sculpture weighing in at 2800 pounds. This was made by Suzanne Pascal, whose serigraph I bought last week. She had sold it for $3 million to a winery. It was valued at $3.5 million when Trump took over the winery. I assume that was the tax deduction value so I guess we all paid for it assuming he had paid any tax that year.What is  art? What is art worth? With a 5 mile detour, I can see it in person in Pennsylvania on my big ride.

A new serigraph for the same wall of the dining room. Maybe it has a back story as interesting as Pascal's but as it is signed illegibly I won't know

My pretty granddaughter in a new frame

It is finally spring. Blossom buds are appearing on my service berry and lilacs. More daffodils in bloom. I was able to sit outside in my cabana to enjoy the fresh air. Some evenings drinking wine outside...Still it was a frosty 32 degrees when I went for my big first ride early Sunday so I was bundled up. It was close to 50 when I finished the 32.5 miles so I was overdressed by then though going into a head wind at the end cooled and tired me out. I felt more confident that I could be ready in a month now even though one of the days will be twice as far over far rougher terrain. I will go out today once the traffic clears and the temps increase though not as long.

Aside from one more birthday lunch, my week of birthday celebration is over. My son is very bad with dates and had forgotten. I did get a call late in the day (after a text from Steve). I asked if someone had reminded him. Of course not. He wouldn't have forgotten such an important date. I did go out to lunch with him and Allie the next day and then to the park for Allie to play.

A friend who I knew from elementary school had asked me to go to Italy with her once she reached the same lofty age as I this fall. I hadn't heard from her in a while. Does she still want to go? It turns out she can't due to a new job though a bit of heads up would have been appreciated.

Aside from the long trail trip, my travel plans are disrupted. Do I do the Michigander by myself? I need to decide soon.

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love your birthday blooms - and am happy Spring seems to have stopped flirting with you and settled in.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

A dear friend gave me the flowers. Spring may be here at last but it was below freezing this morning as I took off on my bike ride.

Snowbrush said...

I'm really mad at your son, my assumption being that, unless he has a diagnosable condition, "really bad with dates," is code for "only remembers dates that are important to him." I can but hope that he threw himself at your feet and begged your forgiveness. While he might be a sterling character in many ways, ALL I know of him is that he forgot to attend a celebration for his mother's birthday.

Followers

Blog Archive