Monday, April 2, 2018

April Fool's Easter

Easter wreathe

Easter chandelier
Naomi made this fruit plate for our brunch. Pretty.

The grandbabies minus Maya who was with her father

Yeah I have a trampoline in my family room to burn off grand kid energy. Even Hannah was trying it out


I do have plenty of tables and  chairs but people seemed to want to eat on the floor
My fool:  Roy Lichtenstein sculpture that I took on the Barcelona waterfront

When will winter ever end? Instead of running right now, I am waiting for it to go above 20 so I can run without gloves and also not have the rising sun in my eyes. At least it got to just above freezing yesterday in time for the outdoor Easter Egg hunt in our yard: the boys in the backyard and the girls in the front yard. I hid a few eggs in plain sight for Hannah inside who still didn't grasp the point of it though she used the eggs as rattles and enjoyed the necklace. I had gotten some Mardi Gras necklaces to hide along with the candy.

I got up early to make the ham, which was huge. Even giving a lot of it away, we still have plenty left. And the big bone will be used to make soup in a few days. lentil or black-eyed peas. I know most would use it for split pea but I don't like it. We also made mimosas for the brunch.

Yesterday my traditional insurance expired. I am now on Medicare. Not looking forward to lots of form filling out when I have to use it.  Still it will be cold in the near future and I need to be training for that early big bike ride. I do have to make a big scheduling decision today which is either to do our trip over less days or drive all night at the end. We will take a train in DC back to Pittsburgh. It goes early in the morning or late in the afternoon, nothing in between.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

That looks like a very full house.
Love the fruit platter. I would so like to see that in this house. Particularly if someone else had got sticky doing the preparation.

Followers

Blog Archive