Sunday, April 8, 2018

A lost spring

If I want to look at flowers, I have to depend on the few things I have inside. Normally our yard would be full of blooms at this time but nature has played a trick

This is what it looked like in southern Michigan Friday morning. The snow melted fast. This photo is from a Facebook friend who lives near the river

It is early Sunday morning in which I can depend on the roads being free of traffic, the best time for a long bike ride. No wind either. The fly in the ointment is that it is 17 degrees out. I can bike for a few miles when it is in the 30s but soon various parts go numb. I hear the birds outside singing as if it is spring.   Back to running outside as at least it is dry.

Not an eventful week. Made all the reservations necessary for the big bike trip and arranged with my DC friend a place to stay right before we catch a train  to go back to our car in Pittsburgh.

I made a big pot of black eyed pea soup from the left over Easter ham, along with ham salad. I had a friend over to lunch on it.


I have not done any genealogy, which I told myself I should do when it is cold. I did organize a few of my belongings but the kitchen needs to be reorganized. We still have boxes of unpacked stuff in the garage. I've been reviewing Italian as there may (may) be a trip in the fall and now am at the same level as my Spanish, which I am forgetting. Italian is much more complicated but for some reason, easier to understand when spoken.

Steve is now covered in scabs. The dermatologists remove a bunch of lesions with liquid nitrogen. A few months ago she said there were too many to remove so he was to poison them first which reduced the size somewhat. When I was treated for breast cancer, the resulting baldness enabled me to see a large black spot the size of a nickel on my scalp. Why was it so black when it never was exposed to sun? It was biopsied and found to be benign but then she burnt off less suspicious lesions with liquid nitrogen. Some of them came right back but primary doctors keep assuring me they are nothing to worry about. Good thing I can grow bangs as they are ugly.


4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Our weather is weird too. The nights are (mostly) cooling down but the days are unseasonably warm. And it is dry, dry, dry. We had less than a tenth of our average rainfall last month, and none is predicted.

Snowbrush said...

I wish I could buy liquid nitrogen off the Net--nothing like paying some doctor $300 a squirt for age spots.

When you get read to move to Western Oregon where snow is rare, let me know, and I'll help you.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

It would be hard to keep liquid nitrogen for very long. I had access to it when I work as a chemist. I would take it to schools to amuse kids.

Pretty rainy in your parts Snow. I do go to Seattle often to see family.

Snowbrush said...

I wouldn't need it very long--ha. I could go through one of those little spray bottles in an hour or two. I would just need to have access to more in a few months when the brown spots returned.

Followers

Blog Archive