Friday, March 9, 2018

Since I've been back

my sloth hangs in the kitchen though it already knocked down one of my apertivo glasses

My banana and orange peel necklace

Objects made from tropical woods were popular. Aside from this necklace, I got yet another cutting board

I thought winter was done when I returned. For 5 days or so, it was unseasonably warm then the snows hit.


this one is now walking. I am a few feet from her yet she is smiling so maybe she is learning to like me. Baby Josh looked so much like this though he was faster to grow hair

Sunny is now 13 and has arthritis. Still remembers me. After having joint custody after the divorce, Josh only gets her when his ex is on vacation

she is a beauty

I've now been home for 2 weeks. I so hoped that winter was over but no, it is not. Worse, the elliptical trainer broke when it was too icy for me to run outside. Steve pointed the accusing finger...I must be doing something wrong. Why do I need to use my arms? It broke in the same place. He said that since I broke it, I have to get it fixed. Sigh. A replacement part will come in a few days. The lady was really nice (this part is under warranty still). She said she needed to ask me a personal question

Do you weigh more than 300 pounds?

Steve and I together do not weigh so much. I went to his gym as a guest one of the days and used theirs but it involved a slightly different motion so it is painful for me to walk 2 days later. If I get the same medicare gap health plan as he does, I can use his gym for free. I have a few weeks to decide. Meanwhile I had to show up to a Social Security office in person because someone (not me) had inputted that I was born in Michigan instead of New York so I had to find my birth certificate to show them, yes I was born in New York. My card came in the mail yesterday.

I got pulled over by the police for the first time in forever. My crime: not coming to a full stop when I pulled out of our neighborhood. I saw a car coming. If I delayed, I would either slow that driver down or have to wait another 30 seconds. Too bad I didn't notice that the car was the sheriff. Second crime, not having proof of insurance. We haven't gotten them for the last 3 years. I complained to the insurance guy. Ten days later, still don't have it.  The sheriff was niceand didn't write me a ticket so Yay.

I've seen all the grandkids (except Oliver) and I've been shopping a bit too much. I've been sorting clothes, giving some away and boxing up others.

Spring should happen soon.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Lucky to not get a ticket.
And I hope your winter leaves you soon. And that our Autumn settled down.

Followers

Blog Archive