Monday, March 12, 2018

Close ups

this is a close up of a preening peacock's neck. Isn't he beautiful?


The above are close ups of photos I took. As I didn't have a zoom lens, I had to get very close to my subject. Below are my friend's photos. She had a zoom lens but not a telephoto one with her so she didn't need to get as close

the dragon's eye soccer stadium
I think this thrush is their national bird. Of all the colorful candidates, they chose this one
iguana from a distance
Zarcero
more topiaries
mama and baby sloth
white faced monkey high in a tree
anhinga drying its feathers
osprey  These have been re-introduced to Michigan. Some of them are radio tracked and some end up in Costa Rica though the Michigan ones seem to favor Cuba
official Nicaraguan border
motmot bird Notice tennis racquet tail feathers
spider monkeys
a row of well camouflaged parrots
waning crescent moon It looked much more impressive the day before when only a bit was lit up orange just over the ocean, which was to our west. Here the moon rises in the East
hidden iguana  
crocs
flying macaws
blue heron  Not the same as our blue herons
Halloween crab
squirrel monkey
our tram was above this one
nesting macaws
oropendula and nests. He is a 20 inch long oriole. They did have Baltimore orioles flying around too (though not here) 

orange fronted parrot
mama and baby squirrel monkeys
anhingas
me out for a stroll



























4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Some glorious photos.
Some day I will invest in a macro lens. And a telephoto for the very posh camera I was given recently. (Which is still beyond my skills.)

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

We do have a good camera with a 300 mm telephoto lens which would have come in handy but would have been a pain to drag around. I figured we didn't need 2 good cameras though we aren't the same in what we think are suitable subjects. A lot can be done with an iPhone.

Kat&Chris said...

Beautiful photos!
Kathy

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Thanks Kathy
Most were those of my friend.

Followers

Blog Archive