Thursday, January 25, 2018

Women's March

Not me, but I liked her sign. Lots of fun signs Like Grab them by their mid-terms, etc
This is me at the gathering of the Women's March in Seattle with my new pussy hat, thanks to one of the Moms who knit it for me. I put a cat pin on the rim to add extra bling



lots of Native Americans who seemed to hijack the march encouraging all of us to shout "you are living on stolen land"  Not what I came for

So my first march in a long time. I did the 1983 (30 year?)Martin Luther King in DC. People marched all over the country. Almost half of the 'marchers' in Seattle were men. I put marchers in air quotes because the march seemed to be a very small part of the gathering. Lots of standing around in the cold and the rain waiting for something to happen other than uninspirational droning speeches that we could barely hear. After more than and hour and a half with no promised start to the march, we gave up as we were so, so cold. But it was fun people watching. Lots of people unhappy with what is going on in our country. Today I read some quote by our scary vice president that no one needs health care. They need Jesus. If you would just attend church, God will take care of all your health needs. So even if they get rid of Trump, we get that, who is arguably worse. I guess it is evil to wish something bad to happen to Pence's health but I would like to see him pray himself healthy.

We ducked into a downtown Mexican restaurant attracted by a firepit. So, so cold. I warmed up eating an enormous bowl of tortilla soup and more coffee. We Ubered our way back home.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive