Sunday, January 7, 2018

Technically alcohol is a solution

The Birthday girl lets the other grandma hold her

She looks so much like my baby boy here though he had a lot more hair and didn't recoil in terror if I tried to hold him


What am I to  do with this? She patted it a bit and let the frosting ooze through her fingers but eating it wasn't what she considered

I saw the title of this post today on a beaten up sign on the way to my son's house to celebrate his daughter's first birthday. I thought the sign apt. It was up in the air whether we would even go to this party but yesterday a big family issue seemed to temporarily be resolved and the seas parted. Not sure what machinations went on behind the scenes but sometimes you don't need to know how the sausage is made.

Now if I can just get through tomorrow. A big mediation meeting is scheduled between two very far apart sides. Serenity now!

Temps were above zero today. Yay but so windy, I stayed inside. I did go out when it was an even zero yesterday as it was calm. Did I say how much I hate winter? We went by a huge flock of cold turkeys today digging through the snow for food.

Last summer, a group of us were to bike from Pittsburgh to Washington DC but someone blew out their knee. I agreed to try again this summer. Now this same person just was diagnosed with lung cancer despite being very fit and never smoking. So a smaller group, maybe just two of us, will go. It will be very early summer. Hopefully I can get in shape in time.

Tonight, mindless entertainment, the Golden Globes. My mind does need a rest.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

"sometimes you don't need to know how the sausage is made."

Ain't that the truth!

Elephant's Child said...

Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully mediation will work.
And you are right, sometimes we really don't need to know how the sausage is made - or even what is in it.

Followers

Blog Archive