Monday, January 1, 2018

2017 in photos

We started the new year with a new baby 

during the cold months, we amused ourselves with having movie nights. This is the Michigan theater

ice storm

2016 xmas party delayed due to blizzard until January 2017

Maya and I decorated this

escaped winter in February by going to Arizona

stellar blue jay

Indian ruins

costa hummingbird

old mission

Grand Canyon

cactus flowers

birthday girl

where we went for my birthday

Mackinac island escape in May

cherry blossoms Saw these same trees laden with cherries 2 months later

the arch

e hosted Steve's cousin for brunch. Made rhubarb scones from my garden

beaded top find from my thrift store hunts

hummers returned

I loved sitting in the morning with my water features on amid all my flowers

she learned how to ride a bike so we had bike rides together

Naomi got to go to New Orleans

When I reached my initial weight loss goal after 9 months. Went on to lose 12 more pounds

my peony Also visited the peony gardens

Father's Day bbq

flowers

predawn double rainbow on my training ride

6 day bike ride up north

Sutton's bay

Mom's meetings

the eclipse

the boys

a trip to Holland (MI) to visit my relatives and a friend

my friend collects kites

swallowtail larvae ate all my dill I let one of them pupate
Add caption

Shanna's family in Chicago
sun flowers on my bike rides. Alltogether I rode 2350 miles this year
late rainy summer
a visit with my aunt and cousin in Northern Oakland county
Steve's brother and wife visited us in the fall
2 visits to this winery
artPrize
Grand Rapids
November trip to NYC



cranes at the beach we visited several times












Watched grandkids while Shanna celebrated 10 years of marriage


fancy dinner at the Henry Ford Museum

40 th anniversary trip to Spain Madrid


Seville

Cordoba

And our favorite: Barcelona

My grandfather's former house was on the list for top 4 expensive properties sold this year in our county
Christmas 2017

me for a pre New Year's eve eve party

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

What a varied and colourful year. With some triumphs too.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Hard to condense but we did experience a lot of beauty

Kat&Chris said...

You have a beautiful family, and a lot to show for your year. I feel for you on your sorrows( may they be few) and cheer you on in your trips and general enjoyment of the good things in life. Happy New Year!
Kathy

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Thank you Kathy
Hope to see you In 2018.

Followers

Blog Archive