Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Bridges of New York

I started the day running along the 5 mile path along the straits of Verrazano under the Bridge. A nice path though bumpy in spots. Steve and I ran across the bridge during the NYC marathon in 1985
Later a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. The drizzle didn't seem to scare away the tourists

The deck is above the traffic. Using the Live feature on the iPhone I can take a long exposure turning the cars into a blur. Of course one needs a steady hand

let's see it in black and white

When we did the same walk almost 3 years ago, the bridge was covered with locks. They have since discouraged this

Manhattan Bridge. Other bridges we have run across: Queensboro, Henry Hudson Parkway, George Washington, Willis St bridge, 3rd avenue bridge: all in various races. Also some bridge that goes from Brooklyn to Queens

the husband

As tall as I am, I look small under the tower

me with messy wet hair. Perhaps it is too short

I have run across the Gowanus canal on small bridges. A cesspool that they are trying to clean up. This is from a parking deck of a fancy Whole Foods

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

You and Steve both look admirably slim.
Locks have been banned from bridges here too.

Kranhu said...

Sue, you look great! Kris

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Thanks Kris and EC. Now if I can only stay this way.

Followers

Blog Archive