Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Annoyances

The lake I go by on my favorite loop which I know can do again as the bridge is finally open It took an hour for the fog to clear

hairy donkey at the strange animal farm
lots of toad lilies now
Daniel's facial impression

My doctor has retired so I needed a new one. I carefully selected one that was close by and sounded like she might be good. I went to my appointment today to be told that they decided to make it with another doctor instead without consulting me. I knew nothing about this new doctor and demanded an appointment with whom they had said I had an appointment with originally. I would have to come back then. Fortunately they had an opening tomorrow.

So in the last ten days or so we've had lots of family gatherings as Steve's brother and for a while his wife were here. The grandkids were here much of the time and for the most part, played well together. Unfortunately there was an incident this weekend which although it should be addressed, was totally innocent and some have over reacted becoming very judgmental threatening future family gatherings. It is so sad and depressing. Hopefully upon reflection, there will be peace but for now, it just makes me sad.

Indian summer. Yesterday was so hot and muggy even before the sun came up. I could not run at my usual pace, which still is much slower than I would like. According to my watch, my pulse was over 200 bpm. It was a bit cooler today but we will have heat for the next 4 days. Maybe more biking?

Having people over means cooking and having lots of food around. Not good for my health plan which rests on not being around temptation but fortunately I only gained a pound so I am getting used to 'the new normal'. Tomorrow, my ex-co-worker is taking out all who helped her during a health crisis to a buffet.  So I get to practice self control again, much easier when I am by myself.

Still working on my Spanish. I was up to 40% but unless I review the old lessons, points disappear and now I am back down to 38%.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Family can be a minefield. Good luck.

Followers

Blog Archive