Friday, February 17, 2017

almost spring

From when I watched her Monday. Her birth hair is getting sparse. Hair is sort of reddish
Valentine orchids
I bought some tulips to brighten up the house
finally all in bloom. Another head is beginning to open up too
Maya is obsessed with the yoyo. She spent the night Tuesday
The two grandsons reading before sleeping
from the cooking class. Topic: unusual pizzas. This one is cooked in a skillet with 12 grain crust covered with lots of fennel, Machego cheese and caramelized onions. Also had slivers of fennel sausage and fresh parsley. She made two more kinds including a breakfast pizza and a deep dish pizza that was sort of like a ricotta quiche. All too tasty. They weren't ready to eat until well after my yoga class started. Do I eat or go to yoga. Eat of course
from last week's buying binge (kept out of resale shops this week). A beautiful serigraph that looks good in our master bedroom

Today Steve's siblings come from separate coasts. His brother should be on his way here now; the sister comes later in the afternoon.
I went for a run in the woods today even though it was below freezing. The roads are quite sandy so it was not slippery. It was nice not to have cars whizzing by at 65 mph seeing how close they can get to me. I saw maybe one car on the deserted roads in an hour. I could hear lots of woodpeckers calling to each other. For the next 5 days, it will be above 50. Yay!

Everyone will come over tonight except Maya. I will be lucky to get her early Sunday. She spent the night with us for the first time in a long time so Naomi could enjoy Valentine's Day with a date. I wish Naomi remembered to get cards for Maya to pass out. She was the only one without them. She is much easier to take care of since she has been on her ADHD drugs. I can have her sit still for various projects for a much longer time.


3 comments:

Snowbrush said...

Maya needs a hoola hoop to go with her yoyo. Someone I know bought a hoola hoop a few years ago, and of the four sixty-plus people present, only one of us could keep the darn thing up. What a shock!

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Hoola hoops take too much co-ordination. I remember some exercise facility I used had heavy ones to accelerate weight loss. Couldn't do it for more than a few seconds.

Snowbrush said...

"Couldn't do it for more than a few seconds."

Which would be about the amount of time it would take for the hoop to fall to the floor! I can tell that you're an optimist in that you regard the hoop of life as halfway up, whereas, as a pessimist, I regard it as halfway down. What a delight you are, my friend.

Followers

Blog Archive