Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas 2017

Before they were allowed to open presents, they had to sit relatively still without purposely making funny faces so I could take a photo. Next year, there should be a year old sitting amongst them
Josh's family on Xmas eve

before dawn and the craziness began. All that wrapping was undone in about 10 minutes

To make things a bit easier on myself, I made the latkes the night before. I got up before dawn to put the ham in the oven and to chop up vegetables for the frittata. Then out for a run on the main road (it has a 6 foot wide bike lane on both sides). No traffic and a bit above freezing. Still the ice hasn't completely melted on our streets but today it will hit 50.

After a shower, I prepared the frittata and made cream cheese icing for the cinnamon rolls I baked. Julie brought lots of fruit and Shanna brought Xmas cookies for the kids and pecan pie for the adults. We didn't starve.  The kids had to wait until we all had eaten before attacking the gift pile. I think all were pleased.

I am blessed to be able to see my family so often and that they are so close. Merry Christmas to my readers.


4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

The getting up before dawn to complete Christmas preparations is common to women the world over. I still wince when I think of my partner's mother getting up very early to put the bird and the vegetables in the oven so it would be done when they got back from church. A full Christmas dinner in temperatures over 100 is my idea of hell.
Glad that everyone had a good time - I hope you included.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Far from 100 here. I did have a good time. I didn't make everything and planned things in advance so I would not be so harried.

Snowbrush said...

You are indeed blessed. I don't have family to speak of and what family Peggy and I do have lives far away. In fact, the closest is 2,500 air miles distant.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

For many years, my daughter with the three kids was either living in California or in Massachusetts. I was so happy that she was able to move back.

Followers

Blog Archive