Thursday, August 4, 2016

The matzoh ball makers

The girls had a sleepover here last night. Here they are trying their hands at matzoh ball making. Note huge variation in size of finished products. Did they want to eat the find product? Nah. I took a quart of the soup over ot my friend battling  graft versus host issues

Yep is hot and humid here. I looked up the weather for my beach vacation next week: highs are 5-10 cooler but the lows aren't as low as here
Could you believe someone threw out this 7 foot  sailfish? After it is cleaned up, it will live on the basement walls
The girls love to play dress up
And play computer games
Very pretty Murano glass free form dish. yeah, it is pink but looks fine on top of the orange marble

How to entertain 2 little girls when it s too hot to play outside? Let them run wild in the basement, watch The Minions on TV, make matzoh balls, eat fun meals, pick grandma's squash and tomatoes, play dress up, play on the iPad. What they didn't want to do is sleep...it was just too exciting being with each other.

This has been the hottest summer in a long time. I don't think it reached 90 at all for the past 2 years. I have to run as soon as there is a little light so not to bake. And no rain.

Yesterday, Daniel told me I had tadpoles in my small fountains I have on the porch.  Ugh, not tadpoles but squiggly mosquito larvae. It takes 3 days from eggs to adult so I dumped all the water out. I regularly replace the birdbath water (birds gotta drink too) but my now frog free pond, no thanks to the snake, probably has wigglers in it too. I put in bleach and now am careful to aerate the pond so those things will die.

I got word today that my uncle, who I visited 2 months ago died at 92. Sad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other night Lexi spent the night, we watched The Minions and I ended up with no sleep since she travels non stop on the king bed. She had a good time
What a wonderful time they are having with you and each other..
Kris

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry about the loss of your uncle.
How is your friend doing? Better I hope.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

EC, my friend shows no sign of the leukemia, which is good. She has her brother's immune system which still regards her body as foreign and attacks it. They give her immune suppressants which have side effects but she is being able to cut back on those, which is very good. She still has very limited energy.

Followers

Blog Archive