Friday, May 20, 2016

A dragon and an elephant





My dragon pedestal. Josh likes dragons. I bought it thinking it would be a good platform for a dragon statue I had given him but now I've become attached despite Steve and a friend saying it is ugly

hand carved Ghana elephant
adolescent grosbeak still hanging around
where to put this?
pretty hand thrown dish
Finally we have some nice weather so I have been bicycling and running a lot. What I should be doing is draining the pond to replace the fetid water with clean before mosquitos breed. We needed work done on the house (yep, the year warranty is up and things break down: garage door opener, sump pump, some shingles, door jamb) but my friend who had leukemia came over with her handy boyfriend(who did much of the work on The Albatross) who fixed all except the roof. I went to a garage sale in a fancy neighborhood. Fancy houses generally have nice stuff and tend to price things  low so yay. I got a bicycle for Maya among other things.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I have a weakness for dragons and elephants (among other things) and would gladly give that dragon pedestal house room. A great score. And ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

I do like it. Now I am regretting passing up a free standing elephant carving.

Followers

Blog Archive