Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Sunset at Oval Beach

Breakfast of quiche and sweet potato biscuits
Spent lots of time in the glass shop picking out pretties
Lots of outdoor art
Later Steve dropped me off in Douglas so I could run along Lake Michigan and then run back to Saugatuck
Steve along that same stretch as the sun set. He took so many great photos. Will share when I return to a computer
At Oval Beach. the water reflected the fire
Pretty away from the sun
Dunes lit by the setting sun
Beach grass
Looking out from our Douglas restaurant
Ricotta gnocchi with cheese, squash and other veggies
Welcome to Saugatuck sign

Despite blustery weather, we managed to have a good time. great food and stores though a store I wanted to buy a few things at didn't open as promised. I managed to have a nice long run along the shore once it stopped raining and the sun came out. We (I) went wine tasting and then to the beach as the sun was setting. Steve's photos will be posted on our return. We went for a great dinner at Everyday People's cafe with their eclectic menu
I had to call early in the morning to learn my surgery slot. Probably the latest one in the day which scares me that it could get cancelled. but then again, they said if anyone cancels, it could be moved up. an extra morning to get things done. downside:  I have to fast much longer
Scared for many reasons

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Good luck.
Loved that glass jellyfish...

Holly said...

Of course you are sacred! That's because you are an emtionally healthy human being. Empty reassurances that 'everything will be fine' don't really work for us anymore. On the other hand - worrying never changed a single outcome, ever! I'll be thinking of you and awaiting good news in LA.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Hi Holly, when you had your reconstruction, how long did it take you to recover? How long did you not drive?

Followers

Blog Archive