Saturday, May 16, 2015

We are made from stars...

wet azalea
 

big bug on my front door today


I think this is a chestnut blossom.

Warm enough for the hibiscus to be outside. Lots of blossoms forming

I love irises

Palindrome week has been hell (a week of palindromes: 5-15-15). Every day a trip to the Money Pit to face up to our many inadequacies as homeowners. The floor washing had to wait until all the workmen finished dragging dirt, dry wall mud, paint, what have you all over the floors but I should have started the heavy duty scrubbing earlier. Steve meanwhile wrestles with fixing little things, installing a new mailbox, new trim, painting things those painters missed. Some things he has no idea what to do about. Hopefully Josh can help tomorrow. We are in over our heads. The Realtor comes to take photos Monday and judge.... Did we do enough? We did a lot. New roof, new paint, new windows. The furnace and air conditioner are just a few years old. Appliances however are about 18 years old but they work. Newer and fancier washing machine than we have here. Yesterday we were there more than 8 hours. I was so sore later. We didn't spend as long today. I just have a little inside work left and lots of outside work and then it is, what it is.

And I need to do things to get ready for California. Time please stand still!!!!

The goldfinches are building a nest into one of my X-mas gourds. The thistle feeder is only 6 feet away so their commute time will be short. Each day, the orioles devour the orange slice I put out.

In the middle of the night, I listen to podcasts (downside: Amber alert blared into my sleeping ear at 5 am this morning). Interesting quote I heard about how all the atoms that make up our body came from stars:

“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them in their cores and exploded these enriched ingredients across our galaxy, billions of years ago. For this reason, we are biologically connected to every other living thing in the world. We are chemically connected to all molecules on Earth. And we are atomically connected to all atoms in the universe. We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.” Neil deGrasse Tyson

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

I love the idea of being star dust. And would like to recognise a bit (a lot) more of it in my life.
Good luck with the money-pit.

Followers

Blog Archive