Friday, January 23, 2015

Needle point



What artwork does one put up in an orange and blue room? Years ago I made this large needle point sampler using all the colors of the room.

And another in case one wasn't enough
I used to have lots of craft projects going on. Papier mache this and that, embroidery, needle point, crocheting...I learned to throw pots (clay very tough on my skin) and made stained glass windows.
In the past 30 something years, I have made just one blanket for Allie (background of blog). With 'retirement', you'd think I'd have plenty of time to resume this but my heart is no longer in it. I do some photography and make photobooks but that's about it for my creativity these days.

Time is running out and so much needs to be done. In some ways, this has been a hard week..a family crisis is evolving beyond what should be written on these pages. In other ways, I've had plenty of pleasant distractions: visits with friends. Tonight: a Moms night in. Sunday: Birthday dinner at Shanna's for Steve and Oliver.

Before another visit from a new friend, I ran circles in the Y. My view:

 And a cool painting by Rob Gonsalves from the internet, some magical realism:
 

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Love that painting.
Good luck with the week to come.

Followers

Blog Archive