Saturday, December 21, 2013

And Solstice for all

Finally wrapped everything

Maya riding a hobby horse made from a wrapping paper roll and a cross stitched head I made in the 70s for Shanna

Today's visitor

Finally our days will start becoming longer. As I was walking to my last LiveStrong class the other day it seemed almost spring with the melting snow, sun and  birds chirping but the cold gloom returned the next day. Waited and waited for the fog to clear, which it never did, so out I went hardly able to see much more than a few feet ahead.

Earlier in the day, we took a trip to Toledo to pick out some gift items not available here stopping at The Original Pancake House. We used to stop there on the way to NYC but it has been a while since we made that trip. Dutch Baby Garden: a big crepe  with a quiche like middle with lots of veggies. Yum.

Shopping is done; wrapping is done. Everyone comes over X-mas morning. Waffles made up of cinnamon rolls? Saw that on a cooking show as I was watching Daniel the other day.

My phone keeps beeping with weather alerts for freezing rain but it doesn't look like it is happening yet. Josh and his family made the drive here for lunch. Allie is just so cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Close to where I live, is the Original Pancake House. The recipe for the pancakes was developed by the owner's wife, who was a chemist. Kris

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

So that's the original Original Pancake House in Portland Kris?

I love the Big Apple pancake too but a little too decadent.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe it is. I have never ordered the apple pancake and the Dutch Baby only once. I favor the Swedish pancakes, and the bacon and eggs with pancakes. No toast nor fried potatoes(except for potato pancakes) served at this place but the OPH in Salem does.
For many years the owner was the Host and his son managed the kitchen as the chef. I did not realize until years later that they franchised OPH.

Followers

Blog Archive