Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in review

Tempus fugit.

There were good times; there were bad times.

Divorces (though both initiated in 2012), medical scares, one awful night that I still won't talk about, huge medical expenses..

But all outweighed by the good. A new daughter-in-law, a new baby, healthy grand babies, loving family, fantastic friends, 2 new houses for my kids, lots of family visits, two birthday surprise parties, reconnecting with old friends..why should I ever complain?

After 6 long months of sticking around here and going stir crazy, we began traveling again.

In April, a trip to the wine counties and the west coast at my brother's house where I was surprised by family in the Stanford Art Museum on both coasts for my birthday ( and yes...I am so old but don't feel it).

In May, a trip up north to Charlevoix and Alanson.

In June, a trip to DC and Maryland to visit old friends then to Pittsburgh to begin my bike trip on the Great  Allegheny Passage.

In July, a visit from my college friend and then a wonderful bike trip together in Northern Michigan.

In August, a trip to Oregon and Washington to see family.

In November, our Hoosier Holiday and a night in the Hoosier Hoosegow.
Then our frozen anniversary in December in Niagara Falls.

Happy New Year to all my readers and my beloved family!

2 comments:

Teri Bernstein said...

Happy 2014! New Year's greetings from a "dark sky" corner of Utah. I loved your Photofunia pics from yesterday...

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Happy New Years to you too Teri. Anything interesting in the Utah sky? Up for a bike ride this year?

Followers

Blog Archive