Monday, August 5, 2013

No I do not want Newsweek

We used to get Newsweek but then the print copy disappeared and it was only available on-line. As we still had an active subscription, theoretically we could now see it on-line but I found the e-reader not user friendly and I rarely read it.

The other day, Newsweek took the liberty of renewing  and charging our credit card without asking permission. I was furious, made even more so by how difficult it was to find a number to actually call them. And when I did, they said it would take 4-6 weeks to issue a refund because

that's our process.

It seems to be your process to be fraudulent. Who charges things without permission?

Meanwhile we blocked payment with the credit card company so Newsweek won't have access to the money while they dither around deciding to give us a refund for money they stole.

A current scam is for crooks to purchase subscription lists and call you to say your subscription is about to expire but not to worry, they have a special deal for you, just give us your credit card number and....

The same people keep calling.

I finally have made some progress on my project. Busy hands. I will run, get a mani-pedi, pack and then Happy Hour with The Moms. It's been a while since the 5 of us have been in the same place at the same time.

And then off to The Northwest!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive