Saturday, June 1, 2013

Neighbors in life; neighbors in death

My grandfather and his first wife are buried in the nicest cemetery in Ann Arbor, near the Arb with lots of trees and hills. He bought a marker for his second wife, which is on the same plot, but she chose to be buried in Quebec. I did not remove the marker.

Recently his former neighbor, whose husband is buried in a nearby plot, noticed that the second wife's date of death is not engraved on the marker and apparently thinks it should be even though the plot has no body. She has my address and has contacted me on other occasions but not this time. She instead, contacted the executor of the estate, who in turn told me that I should do this. I control and pay for these plots. What I will do with them, I am not sure.

But I am annoyed at the nosy neighbor.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive