Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My grand baby is the size of a small strawberry

A couple of weeks ago, I was discussing the size of my new grand baby with Naomi while standing in line buying yet another load of wedding supplies. I had told her that at that time (I was a week off) that the baby was the size of a kidney bean. A woman behind us overheard and said that her grand baby was the size of a plum but once was only the size of a blueberry. So some sites compare sizes to fruit and some to nuts and beans. Shanna was told 'brazil nut' for comparison.

This week the baby developed distinct fingers and toes as opposed to paddles. He/she is due towards the end of March: a spring baby though Shanna has a tendency to go into labor early. She had the dates confirmed by ultrasound last week when the little one was just 9 weeks along. At this stage, there isn't much variation between babies.  Three babies under 5!!! Another miracle in the making.


2 comments:

Debbi said...

New Grand-babies are such a blessing
Congrats on your little strawberry :)

David Haas said...

Hello,
I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
Thanks,
David

Followers

Blog Archive