Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hot from shots

Daniel's hair seems to grow up, not down. He will be two next month
Ms Maya felt very hot and cranky yesterday. Temp=101.8 deg. Last Thursday, she had the following immunizations: chicken pox, mumps/measles, polio,  and hepatitis A. This seems too much for a little body to handle. The nurse said as long as she is eating and is alert, not to worry. It was thought by them that this was a reaction to these shots. She seemed better this morning but now Naomi reports that the temp is 104 and she is very cranky.
And you can't say No to these shots. Is she at risk for Hep A? They gave her this shot when she was first born too. I am not sure which shot is causing the problem. I know it is inconvenient to get them one at a time but it seems it would be easier on the body. Of the above shots, my older kids got only polio (oral) and the MMR, though they were older for that.

Yesterday was spent spreading the word to old friends about Dave's death. Many of these people I haven't spoken to in years.

Today I had lunch with my birthday buddy though it is his birthday not mine. It was nice sitting out on a patio though it was getting warmer and warmer.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sue do hope 'Miss' Maya is now feeling better. I would really like to see them follow Japan in immunising for one or two diseases at a time. I believe it may be much easier for the little ones to handle.

nancyspoint said...

I think little Maya has every right to feel cranky after those shots and then a fever. Sorry about your friend, Dave. That's so sad, I read your previous post too. I think it's nice how supportive you are of Chez too. Just thought I'd mention that. And I really like the name of your blog. Escaping... nice.

nancyspoint said...

I think little Maya has every right to feel cranky after those shots and then a fever. Sorry about your friend, Dave. That's so sad, I read your previous post too. I think it's nice how supportive you are of Chez too. Just thought I'd mention that. And I really like the name of your blog. Escaping... nice.

Followers

Blog Archive