Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oh the places I can go....

Plitvice National Park, Croatia. From Net. The lakes are so clear due to having limestone bottoms

Interesting building in Ljubljana, Slovenia. This town is full of Baroque and  Beaux Artes
buildings

I love travel books. I was standing in line yesterday to buy my book on Slovenia and Croatia and the woman behind me asked if I were going there.

Maybe.

She had just been there and was thrilled with everything she saw. Although Slovenia is half the size of Maine, the people speak 23 distinct dialects such that many can't understand what the others are saying. Presumably most of the young speak English.

Other recent purchases: Great Drives in Germany, Andalucia &Costa del Sol, and a visual reference guide to architecture. I also bought the Eyewitness Travel guide to Italy. Eyewitness guides have the best photos.
Sunny and humid this morning. I am taking a break from running. I spent an hour trying to separate myrtle from my clematis.

My eye is at least not so swollen but still not completely cured. As the antibiotics do not seem to be working, it must be some viral infection. Wish my immune system would kick in here.

No word from my Mexican traveler.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive