Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Easter Lamb cake

Since my birthday is between March 23 and April 25, occasionally it will fall on Easter though, so far, it has only happened once when I was 4. My birthday and Easter will be on the same day when I am 66,77, 88, and 99. Notice that those days are 11 years apart, the most common interval between Easters occuring on the same date.

Naomi was born on an Easter and had an Easter birthday when she was 11. She'll have another when she is 33 but then she have to wait until she is 95.

It was a rare sunny day when my 4th birthday/Easter occurred. My mom had borrowed one of those lamb molds to bake a cake covering the lamb with coconut. She placed the lamb on that cellophane grass and surrounded it by jelly beans. She was 8 months pregnant at the time. I still remember my special pink dress.

I still don't have a clear idea on how they calculate Easter, either the orthodox one or the western one. Different calendars are used. Only about 30% of the time do they occur on the same day such as this year and on my 4th birthday. As time progresses, this will happen less and less.

It is sunny but cool here. It will rain for 4 or 5 days straight starting tonight. We will have an Easter BBQ at Josh's. I am bringing the main dish.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive