Monday, October 18, 2010

In the pink

Another beautiful, handmade card from Lesa, a BC survivor playing it forward with her company LittleLifePreservers.. This scan doesn't quite do it justice. I count 10 layers of colors including the pink, jewelled ribbon on top. The stamped graphic is hand colored and glittered. Within is a nice poem about surviving.

October is the month of pink. Two years ago when I was going through treatment, I felt surrounded by breast cancer. There is much contraversy surrounding turning breast cancer into a marketing tool. If all the extra profits from the pink objects actually go towards research or towards helping BC patients battle or  to help them recover, fine. There have been some studies saying this is not the case though. The companies defend themselves saying that they are spreading 'awareness'. Enough awareness already!

As to how pink I feel, I seem to be a clock running down. Today I didn't get out of bed until 9: true sloth. I did stay up later than usual watching the finale of my favorite Mad Men (which wasn't as good as I had hoped). But for the past 2 month, I've been getting up later and later. Maybe too much running?

Shanna and the boys come tomorrow. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Kat&Chris said...

I hope you have a great visit with Shanna and her boys!!! As always, I really enjoy reading your blog and wait for you to write your first book - you could be AA's Anne Tyler.
Best,
Kathy

Followers

Blog Archive