Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year


Shanna's family



Steve and I and the precious ones


Sometime soon (hopefully already as the weather here is temporarily clear) Shanna and her family will make the long drive back. The weather situation in NY is not good but even worse if they head south to the Ohio Turnpike. I didn't get to see them much during the second half of their stay but Ramy has a large family that I had to share with. I will be nervously checking the local conditions until they are safely home. NY and Massachusetts aren't so ready to use salt as they are in Ohio and Michigan (aka Rust Belt). There are salt free zones in the mountains where the curves + hills + ice=danger. The babies are slowly getting over their colds but are crabbier than usual. I wouldn't want to be in that car.

BC (before cancer), my goal was to run at least 100 miles a month. Chemo in the first 3 months of this year made it difficult to run more than a minute at a time. Still I almost hit 1000 miles for the year. I've run the last 3 days down by the river as they try to keep a path clear there. The downside is that if there is a strong east or west wind, it is not too fun half of the time. I am trying to talk myself into going back there today. Yesterday it was 21 with a stiff 20 mph wind. The high today is 16 and I see the trees moving around already.

Over the last few days, I have had friends and family come over at various times. Lots of food including a huge plate of baklava and homemade hummus from Shanna's Syrian in-laws. It has been fun but now I should become serious about bettering myself. How?-not sure but stay tuned.

3 comments:

Sara Diana said...

Your hair is looking so good and you have such a great smile, full of fun!

I use a buff to run in on cold days, I use it to cover my neck, ears and mouth and it does offer some protection.

Teri Bernstein said...

What is a buff? Running in the buff has a different meaning for me...Anyway--I totally agree--Sue: you look GORGEOUS with that hair! The "arm candy" grandbabies are pretty great, too...Love

Daria said...

What great pictures ... you look great!

Followers

Blog Archive