Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Hair



My new hair

Aside from a year when I was 13 of putting Summer Blonde on my 'dirty blonde' hair, I have never dyed it. It started turning white when I was in my twenties. Premature grayness is linked to the Graves' disease gene but although others in my extended family had Graves', I'm the only one with the early grayness or even late grayness. But it really wasn't gray until after cancer. It was a mix of white, blonde, dirty blonde and light brown.My hair was silky, thick, and straight as straight can be. But in July, it started growing in salt and pepper and curly and it made me look even older than I am. But what to color it? Naomi thought I should go brown as light blonde is too close to gray in her eyes. So now it is dirty blonde. I was hoping for my highlights but I could add them later. The necklace is this silk band I bought on Isola Bella in Italy. Now I need to lose the rest of the weight and may be some plastic surgery and then maybe, I'll be ready to face the world.

5 comments:

Sara Diana said...

I think you look fabulous! Great hair (wish mine was like that) and lovely necklace! Best of all, you are wearing a happy smile!

Jill said...

You are looking good Sue.:)

Kat&Chris said...

You are Looking Good Sue!
Kathy

Teri Bernstein said...

You look great! Actually, I think the gray hair picked up the color unevenly so it already looks highlighted--like a West LA $180 "weave"...

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Actually it was highlighted but there doesn't seem to be much difference between the highlights and the lowlights. Next time things will be worked out more as my hairdresser knows how my hair will react.

Followers

Blog Archive