Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Returning to normal

For the past few days, I have been very tired, which I found worrisome. Why can't I do things I did the week before, is this a sign of something? But today I was able to run 6.5 miles without feeling like I was on a death march so that reassured me.

Shanna and her family have moved to her in-laws so no more waking up to Oliver in the morning. She has to balance visits with many in-laws, made more by divorce, with our small family. Steve and I have been taking Oliver to the park in the mornings so he can burn off some energy and she can sleep. He has to be moving all the time. Hopefully the new baby will be less active. Steve and I will probably go out before the birth. Naomi has agreed to not move out quite yet while we are gone.

My bizarre cosmos are actually coreopsis. I was confused as the leaves are so similar but the seeds must have been in the 'wedding package' of unspecified wild flowers. At least it's a perennial so it will come back.

I went again to our cancer cooking class tonight. The subject being summer salads, which were quite tasty. Hi to Pat if you've found this.

I had a Happy Hour with some of my former colleagues yesterday. Lots of us have lost another set of jobs since our place was closed. Anyway it was fun seeing them again.

1 comment:

Sara Diana said...

Hi Sue,
I think you were tired because of your time with Oliver. One forgets very quickly how much energy toddlers sap from you. My youngest is 8 and yet when I spend time with my 3 year old neighbour Oliver, I am drained after just an hour. Its wonderful though xx

Followers

Blog Archive