Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Burn, baby, burn!!!!

1 done; 15 to go giving me an end date of April 21. Happy Birthday to me. I am to get my radiation treatments everyday at 9:25 am except today which was scheduled for noon. It was cutting it close to my first LiveStrong appt. Already I couldn't drive Marilyn there as I had no idea how long the treatment would take. I waited almost 30 minutes, then they took 20 minutes worth of x-rays. The actual radiation only took about 5 minutes. It was creepy getting zapped with invisible rays with the machine revolving around me. It made a buzzing noise while I actually was being zapped.
I was supposed to see the doctor but I told them, unless she shows up in the next 10 minutes, I'm outta there. She quickly showed up but was annoyed to be summoned. I said, it wouldn't happen again.
For the LiveStrong program, all we did was fill out forms and tour the Y. Aside from Marilyn, I knew another lady from the infusion room and support group who I like alot. Of the 11 of us, 7 have had breast cancer, 2 ovarian, one unspecified and one colon-all ladies. The instructors are very enthusiastic. The head lady just finished her battle with BC. Hopefully this radiation won't interfere much with the program. I did run this morning but now I feel very tired and somewhat sore. It was finally nice to meet Marilyn in person. We've been talking on the phone but haven't visited each other.
The birthday isn't going well for Naomi. She was expecting to get a license today but she didn't have a certificate that she passed a road test. It's not clear if the one road test she had to pass the driving class is enough. Apparently she had to take 2 road tests. Annoying and more money.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I know you're just beginning your radiation, but I'm thrilled you have a light at the end of the tunnel. I admire how active you've been throughout this battle. I will confess to reading your blog and feeling like such a sissy at times. Your strength is contagious though.

I hope you'll continue to blog even after you've finished radiation...I'd love to know how you're healing and holding up.

Take Care,
Sheri

S. F. Heron said...

Happy B-day to Naomi and of course, her mom for doing the hard work :)

Do you feel like the statue of Liberty yet at radiation?

Hugs,
Sharon

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Yeah but I'm holding up two arms for 30 minutes. Radiation and ADD do not mix!

Followers

Blog Archive