Thursday, February 26, 2009

Racing thoughts

I've been having a hard time sleeping as I can't get my mind to stop thinking. They aren't depressed thoughts at least nor am I obsessing over some small injustice as I have been known to do in the past. Still I can't turn my mind off.
Right now I am waiting on the nurse to call me in prescription for Neurotin to deal with my neuropathic pain that is beginning. I don't want to take Vicodin anymore as my liver enzymes are out of whack and the Vicodin contains large amounts of Tylenol that probably make things worse.

Yesterday I went back to the clinic to have my Neulasta shot. I had to wait 20 minutes and they insisted on re-taking my vitals. No big deal except he had a hard time getting my blood pressure and painfully cut off circulation in my arm trying to get a reading. He wanted to give the injection in my arm when I had been told that the belly is the least painful spot. He claimed to have perfect technique and that I wouldn't feel a thing. BIG FAT LIE! It really, really hurt. This might be my last shot anyway as they sometimes don't give it for the last cycle. However I will be taking a long plane ride during my last cycle, full of recycled potential pathogens so I might want to get one anyway.

I was able to go for a nice walk yesterday. Not sure if I can today as I am starting to feel bad. Maybe if the Neurotin kicks in on time and works. This afternoon we are to have huge rains. I think I will skip yoga as I shouldn't be driving on meds. One major blessing: one very personal part of my life that I thought the Red Devil had permanently killed has started to return. Still no sign of hair regrowth though.

1 comment:

S. F. Heron said...

Hang in there sweetie. Every day is one step closer to being done with this treatment. Sending you big virtual hugs!

Followers

Blog Archive