Friday, January 2, 2009

I feel sh*tty, very sh*tty...

Sung to the tune of "I Feel Pretty" from West Side Story. Another song from the West Side Story collection. "Ur-re-a, ur-re-a, I just made a thio-u-re-a" sung to the tune of Maria. We'd sing these silly songs back in the lab. As for ureas, I see by googling myself the patent for them finally came through. It seems that I wasn't going to find out any other way.

But I guess the third day out is when my queasiness peaks. Have to keep repeating "This too shall pass". If it gets worse, I'll take a Zofran.

So it is cold outside. I haven't left the house since my infusion day. Fortunately I have had visitors to keep me entertained. Yesterday Josh and later one of the moms. We watched "Rendition". Very scary that situations like that can happen.

A few weeks ago, I had lunch with Shanna's Syrian mother-in-law. She had read somewhere that asparagus was the "American's favorite vegetable" and made the main dish with it to appease my "American " tastes. Sadly asparagus makes me gag even when I am not in chemoland.

Coffee again, is out. Bland food OK. Got to keep my fruit and vegetable intake up. I have a long, long time left here in chemoland but hopefully the Taxol half will be better.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive